Do you want to work for a growing family run business working within both the UK and International market?
Have you got a Machine Shop background or are looking for your next challenge?
This role is based in the North Yorkshire market town of Kirkbymoorside.
Sylatech is an engineering business recognised for its casting and engineering excellence. The company are part of the Government’s initiative Sharing for Growth training scheme, providing learning and development opportunities for all staff.
As a member of the Production team, you will work within a specific team and we have openings in the following areas, Fettling, Foundry and Microwave Assembly.
In these roles you will be responsible for: –
- Removing cast defects with air tools/files
- Sizing product
- Removal of cast gates using linishers
- Following customer standards
- Shot blasting product
- Handling of investment powder, application and removal
- Loading ovens, transferring of foundry boxes
- Pouring of metals into moulds
- Pushing out castings and cleaning parts & boxes post cast
- To be able to read and understand drawings
- Be able to use vernier calipers and other measuring equipment
- Prepare components for dip brazing and other chemical processes
- Carry out leak tests
Inspect parts, reporting/correcting any errors
- General assembly of parts
Previous experience in a manufacturing role would be an advantage, but additional training will be provided for the right candidates.
In return, Sylatech offers a competitive hourly rate and benefits package, enhanced sick pay and annual leave entitlement and the opportunity for you to feel valued and empowered at work.
Does this sound like this could be a new and exciting opportunity for you? Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets to join us. We are keen to hear from all applicants regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, religion or faith.